Saturday, April 2, 2011

Cute Aviary

I made 18 of these cards yesterday for my Susan's swap. They didn't take too long to do, the longest part was acutally the taping. The swap was a lot of fun for the 15 minutes that I was there. I thought that last night would be a "free" night for me since Whiskey Jack's Intermediate obedience classes had finished up, but, Francis reminded me that his Advance obedience training classes were starting. So, I quickly drove across town to drop off my swap then I drove back across town to met up with Francis and Whiskey Jack at training.
The ribbon was super easy to do. I just stick down a long piece of the red sticky tape, then gather the ribbon and fold it between my fingers, while pressing it into the tape. Each time you do it, you get a different look. The nice thing about the red sticky tape is that it adheres super duper well, so there is no chance of the ribbon falling off at a later date.


I also used the Aviary stamp set, which is my favourite stamp set. The birdcage is in Stazon [which smells really yummy by the way] and the two birds are in Tempting Turquoise and Regal Rose. Too cute!!!!

Materials:
Cardstock: Textured Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Sahara Sand, Certainly Celery
Stamp Set: Aviary
Inks: Tempting Turquoise, Regal Rose, Black Staz On
Punch: Decorative Label Punch
Embellishments: Certainly Celery 1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Rhinestones


~~

1 comment:

  1. This is super cute. I have this set too, but have yet to ink it up! What's wrong with me? Love the ribbon you've done as well.

    ReplyDelete